Jonathan Walsh, Founder of Austin Batting Cages & Co-Founder of Austin Horns Baseball, is from Dallas, Texas where he attended Coppell High School. During Walsh’s amateur career he was a switch hitting Catcher/Outfielder that played for the prestigious Dallas Tigers Organization and was blessed to participate in many well distinguished events receiving many awards:
- No. 1 on VYPE.com Hot 20 Dallas Fort-Worth High School Baseball list in 2009
- No. 34 overall high school prospect by Baseball America in October 2008.
- AFLAC All-American Game at Dodger Stadium
- Under Armour All-American Game at Wrigley Field
- Texas Rangers MLB Area Code Team in 2007 & 2008
- Perfect Game 1st team All State, PG Ranked #51 player in Nation
Walsh was drafted in the 18th round by the San Francisco Giants out of high school but instead accepted a scholarship to the University of Texas. At UT, Walsh was a 2-time Big 12 champion, started in the 2011 College World Series and led the team in both home runs and stolen bases his junior year. Not only did Walsh excel on the field but off the field as well, being named to Fall 2009 & Spring 2010 Big 12 Commissioner Honor Roll and earning Academic All-Big 12 Baseball Second Team.
After his junior year, Walsh was drafted and signed by the Los Angeles Angels in the 11th round. In his first season Walsh flourished finishing among the top 5 of the whole Los Angeles Angels farm system in many hitting categories. He was ranked among the top 20 prospects in the Angels System by a vairety of scouting websites.
Top Prospects in Los Angeles Angels System 2013
Walsh ranked #17 prospect
- 300. Batting Average
- 9 Home Runs (second on team)
- 46 Walks to 46 Strikes Outs (second on team)
- 522. Slugging pct (third in organization)
- 933. OPS (third in organization)
- Pioneer League Player of the Week
The following season Walsh got injured playing in 16 games before a MRI revealed that Walsh had a tear in his ulnar collateral ligament. Unfortunately, this was the end of not only his season, but his baseball career. Walsh now runs Austin Batting Cages and the Austin Horns Baseball organization while also finding time to share his knowledge and love of the game through private instruction.
Schedule Coach Walsh today by clicking here or calling 214.870.1046
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org